|The Piscu Nuraghe, runs along the S.S. 128 from Suelli to Mandas (CA).
The archaeological site is a megalithic construction characterized by a four-sided structure formed by a primitive conical tower and four corner towers joined together by thick walls; at the front of the entrance there is the courtyard. The central tower is the most ancient, belonging to the second phase of the Bronze Age (1500-1200 BC). The main compartment is constructed with limestone rings according to the construction technique of 'overhang, decreasing diameter in height. It is assumed that the main tower was made up of two floors accessible by an external stone staircase located on the basal profile of the passageway.
In the inner part of the wall it has been unearthed a "pit" (in the dolmen-like structure) which probably served as a cistern for collecting rainwater. In the bottom different kinds of pottery emerged, some of these jars are presented with handle and cut diagonally upper cavity.
On the outside of the front wall, in the south-west, we have been excavated some huts with circular and rectangular walled perimeters.
Beautiful movie of NURAGHE PISCU: